Estravel Latvia has signed an agreement with Lithuanian company “Skycop”, which deals with compensation claiming under the Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004
Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights (further in the text – Regulation) minimum rights for passengers when:
- the air carrier has cancelled the flight and has not informed the passengers at least 14 days before departure (or passengers are not offered re-routing if they have been informed about the cancellation less than 14 days before departure);
- the flight has been delayed and air carrier reaches their final destination after three or more than three hours after the scheduled time or arrival.
This Regulation shall apply:
- to passengers departing from an airport located in the territory of a Member State to which the Treaty applies;
- to passengers departing from an airport located in a third country to an airport situated in the territory of a Member State to which the Treaty applies, unless they received benefits or compensation and were given assistance in that third country, if the operating air carrier of the flight concerned is a Community carrier.
Right to compensation:
Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall receive compensation amounting to:
- 250 € for all flights of 1500 kilometres or less;
- 400 € for all intra-Community flights of more than 1500 kilometres, and for all other flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometres;
- 600 € for all flights not falling under previous 2 conditions.
You can contact the air carrier whose flight deviated from the schedule as well as the services of our partner SKYCOP. SKYCOP has experienced lawyers at its disposal who are ready to initiate legal proceedings if necessary, thus increasing the possibility of recovering compensation through SKYCOP. The company withholds 25% of the compensation amount in the process of requesting compensation.
If the air carrier rejects the claim for compensation, the passenger will not be charged. In the case of compensation, SKYCOP shall transfer 75% of the amount of compensation received to the passenger.
The process of claiming compensation is between the passenger and the air carrier, and Estravel does not intervene in the process and cannot influence it. Please contact your air carrier or “SKYCOP” for further information on the compensation and the process of paying and claiming it.
Submit your claim to SKYCOP for compensation HERE